Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fibre Break!

Well, I've had to take a break from fibre creations since I completed the New Zealand project because the time has come to get into spring cleaning. But I have discovered a new type of sewing project that I now have to endure and that is mending my son's jeans. We sort through his clothes about every 6 months to weed out the ones that don't fit him because he is growing like a weed. For some reason this time there are at least 6 pairs of jeans that have a worn thin spot that has turned into a wide slit on the knee. I have a feeling his busy fingers have helped those holes grow, but he's not quite admitting to anything yet. So if anyone out there has a great tip on a "kid cool" way to mend the jeans so that he'll still wear them, please drop me a comment. Meanwhile, I'll be checking out the net to find a cool looking solution.


I heard a saying once that goes something like this...Asking a quilter (fibre artist) to hem your pants is like asking a fine artist to paint your house. I have to agree with that because I'd rather visit a tailor to mend my clothes and spend studio time creating art.

No comments:

Post a Comment