Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day - This is my Mom!

This Mother's Day morning has been such a wonderful surprise. This will be a quick blog because my boys have left me the morning to be free and create in my studio. I woke up to a wonderful breakfast, tea and a hand made card from my son...


Since this card was purchased at a local craft sale, we proceeded to figure out how the 3D flowers in the pop up card were made and then made one for Nana - my mom. That was a fun adventure, and although we made it from craft paper I was ruminating on how this could become a fibre art project.

Now that the boys are out rock climbing while I have time to play I just want to take a moment to thank my own mom who lives with us in the in-law suite of our house. (She hates it when I grab her any time of day for an impromptu photo shoot like on the day I insisted she have a profile photo on Facebook.) Anyways, this is us first thing this morning, dutifully out of pyjamas and clean, but nevertheless, no make-up. Our natural selves, loving this Mother's Day.


Thanks mom, for being a wonderful woman and inspiration! This last year has been a whirlwind of moving across Canada, starting new careers, and having so much fun in the Okanagan Valley. We love it that we live together in the same home with you and our lives have never been better. I love you so much! Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment