Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Preview - CQT Episode 12


Welcome to the Tuesday Preview. This week on episode 12 - I'll be talking all about a topic that get's me going like you can't even imagine! Quilting - A Shared Tradition. Is quilting a dying passtime? Or is it coming back with a vengeance? Whether your kids are 10 years old or in their 60s, this episode gives you my top 8 tips on introducing quilting to a younger generation in your family so the tradition continues...


Canadian Quilt Talk Episode 12 - Quilting - A Shared Tradition

We had a family of 5 for dinner a few days ago and it somehow turned into a quilter's show and tell and I did not start anything! One of the girls saw a soft minky quilt on the couch and the next thing you know, my son was suddenly hauling out all the quilts that I had made for him and his Babcia had made for him and the girls were thrilled. There is just something so heartwarming about your child or grand child showing a true appreciation for a handmade quilt. Here's his froggy quilt which is a round robin quilt, so each block is made by one of my dear friends from the In Stitches group back in Winnipeg. Very proud of this one. I miss them dearly since I moved away, so this one is so lovely to have as a reminder of our friendship. 



Do you have a special quilt that you've made for a child? What's the story behind it? I'd love to hear it in the comments or send me an email! You could be the next winner of the Quilter's Corner! 

Speaking of that . . .We have a winner for this week's Quilter's Corner -  Eliza Cross. Eliza had the perfect story to fit in with to topic of Quilting - A Shared Tradition. Congratulations Eliza! You win the Black Sheep Block Party pattern by Brandy Lynn Designs. (As well as a few gorgeous batik fat quarters.)



Until next time . . . dream big and work hard in the studio . . . with Canadian Quilt Talk!


No comments:

Post a Comment