Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Table Topper

I had so much fun this past Wednesday teaching my Holiday Table Topper project to the Penticton Quilter's Guild. It's a light-hearted workshop with some fun and simple techniques on a project that can easily be finished in time for the holidays.

Holiday Table Topper by BLDesigns
The workshops Chair, Paige McKelvey asked me if I could come up with a fun holiday project for their Christmas workshop that involved screen printing with my holly screen. I had so much fun designing this little quilt. Of course, it had to feature the screen print, but beyond that I wanted to include some cool techniques that would be easy to try on such a small project. So I included an inner flange, stitch in the ditch, prairie points and a facing finish. It was perfect for quilters who have taken a few beginner classes but want to try a small project with a few new techniques. Here's shot of Paige with her gorgeous old Singer machine. She says it still sews like butter…


And everyone knows that my favourite part of every class is seeing the colour choices of the students. This class only needs 5 fat quarters so you can scour your stash for holiday fabrics. Here are a couple of student toppers ready for quilting, prairie points and facing. 



And the icing on the cake? They've invited me back, since I just live in the next town, to join them for the Penticton Guild Holiday Luncheon! I'm so excited because all 16 students will try their best to have their projects done for the holiday show and tell. Great job ladies! And NO, I am NOT only coming for the great potluck feast. I can't wait to see your gorgeous table toppers!






No comments:

Post a Comment