Saturday, April 6, 2013

On Cloud Nine

My heart is soaring tonight after a full day of teaching the Inksations workshop for the Manitoba Prairie Quilters. There are a few elements that have come in to play here...

1. I lived in Manitoba the first 39 years of my life before I moved away to BC.
2. My quilting friends and mentors brought me back to teach.
3. They filled up my classes because they care about me and believe in me.

There is not much else to say except that I am in heaven doing what I love, and this weekend it was for people that I love. I am so blessed with support. They lift me up when I'm not sure. They talk about me in gushes like I'm their only child. My class today included friends, followers, family and even a wonderful mentor who taught me my first beginner quilt class.

Not everyone stuck around for the photo, but here's a quick shot of the students with finished quilt tops. That's me - bottom left corner - with a finished sample.


I can't wait for another fun-filled day tomorrow teaching my brand new Black Sheep Block Party workshop for the very first time. 


You know if you are one of my guinea pigs for a brand new pattern, you're gonna have fun! 



1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a great workshop! Wish I lived in Manitoba!

    ReplyDelete