Monday, May 10, 2010

1st place!


Although I was planning to take a brief break from blogging for this week long writing course, I received some wonderful news yesterday. I won First Place in the art challenge for the Beausejour Quilt Show. I was thrilled. It's hard to believe that something you love and are so passionate about can appeal to other people. It's a bit surreal. So here's another picture of the quilt that won (I've posted the photo to sketch to quilt before) and here is a link to the Common Threads website with the announcement. By the way, the first day of my poetry writing course has been amazing. The teacher/poet Barbara Nickel and the students in the class are so inspiring. There is a lot of talent there. I wrote 3 full poems in 2 hours during an afternoon break. It was fabulous!

3 comments: