Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 41 of 42


Today I went to a lovely little quilt show in Beausejour with my mother-in-law Helen. I love this show for its variety. There were art quilts, decorative quilts, bed quilts and challenge quilts ranging from machine stitched to entirely hand pieced and quilted. It was a great show with tea and brunch and fabulous prize draws. My friend Melissa Marginet, in the photo on the right, runs that show as well as the local quilt group. She also works, runs her new website, which is an excellent resource for quilters, is the photographer for the Manitoba Prairie Quilters and an has an art quilt group. It's mind boggling how she gets it all done. On top of that she has an adorable little grandson. I am part of her art group, but I am not usually able to drive an hour to Beausejour for the meetings, so she gladly sends me the challenges. I completed 7 mini challenges for this show which were sew fun! They were on display with all of the other fantastic challenges. There is a lot of wonderful talent in Beausejour. What a great way to spend a Saturday on the Mother's Day weekend. I can't wait to host a special Mother's Day dinner tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment