Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A feature on The Quilt Show blog!

Hi everyone!

I was so excited to check out The Quilt Show blog today with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson to find out that my art quilt After the Fire - Self Portrait was chosen as the Quilt of the Day yesterday!

Since I posted it in the TQS gallery earlier this year I have received dozens of comments on this particular piece. I'm grateful because that tells me that I was able to portray the struggle. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to say something nice.



Are you curious about my story? A Quilter's Journey - from Firefighter to Quilt Professional is my trunk show and I'd love to visit your community to talk to your guild. I'm very proud of this art quilt because it marked a transition for me from one career to another. Here are a few detail shots of the Canadian Flag shoulder flash and the facial features.



If you are interested in booking a trunk show and teaching event for your local guild, just head on over to the Brandy Lynn Designs website for more information. And if you haven't checked out the Quilt Show online, they have web shows, a blog, contests and more quilting content than you can ever imagine. Check out www.thequiltshow.com today!




1 comment: