Friday, April 15, 2011

Dr. Seuss

I realized recently that my son has the impression that I can create anything with fabric like magic. I'd like to think I could agree with him, but not every project turns out as lovely as expected. The good side though, is that some of my most prized creations came about from a fabric that was an up-cycled disaster. Anyways, I was tucking him in after his story that day and he said, "Oh yah Mom, I have to wear a hat tomorrow that is from a character in a book."

I grumbled a bit about the last minute request and suggested a baseball cap or something and he said, "No, that's like Caillou and that's a baby show. I have decided I'm going to wear a Dr. Seuss hat."

I said, "where are you going to get a Dr. Seuss hat at this time of night?"

He said, "I know you can make me one. You made Oliver a dog halloween costume."

Needless to say, if my heart really does have strings, he was tugging at them and I was up until 2:00 a.m. fumbling together a fanciful hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment