Thursday, November 1, 2012

This beautiful plant!

I received this beautiful plant as a studio warming gift a few weeks ago from a potter named Enid. The pottery guild shares the basement of the art gallery with the artist in residence (me), so I see them all the time. Anyways, she came in with this lovely plant for me and my first thought was, "Oh, I hope I can keep this poor thing alive!" She had no idea that I do not have a single live plant in my home.


I don't know what kind of plant it is but I've been watering it gingerly whenever it is dry. It has these deep purple butterfly leaves and just started sprouting tiny delicate blossoms. It is so nice I can't believe it belongs to me. It really brightens my day every time I look at it. Thanks Enid! 




2 comments:

  1. You must be doing something right if it is blooming so nicely! It's an Oxalis, I believe. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an Oxalis.......I think it is in the clover family....beautiful colour....what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete