Saturday, December 7, 2013

Quilted Holiday Tree Ornament THEN AND NOW

I had so much fun hosting my first online live webinar. I learned so much dealing with a light malfunction, pixelation and camera focus issues as I moved around and more, but I was overwhelmed with the positive feedback! So many of you gave great suggestions and said that I handled the technical problems with grace.

Thank you! I can't wait to make some changes to my system and try it again.

For now, I thought it would be fun to post a then and now photo of the ornament that I taught in the webinar. I just hung this on the tree today, but I'm sure I made this first one over 10 years ago…


I look back and smile at my ziggy zag to straight stitch, my choppy hand quilting and my inability to finish tiny mitred corners. Here's the one I taught in the webinar this week…


They are exactly the same size, but demonstrate way different skill levels. I'm not saying it is perfect, but I've come a long way baby! Stay tuned this week on the Explore Fibre Blog for my mini tutorial on how to make a holiday wine bottle bag.

Happy Holidays everyone!


1 comment:

  1. You have come a long way but both are special. It is fun to see skills develop. I have sewn for years and began quilting about 3 years ago. I have learned so much from blogs and tutorials and new quilting friends I have made. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete