Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Beach Blankets have arrived!

My in-laws arrived with bells on to visit for the holidays and I was thrilled when my mother-in-law Helen pulled out the 2 beach blankets I pieced together this past summer. I had given them to her, since they were scrappy beach quilts, so she could practice quilting on her new longarm machine and she did a fabulous job! Here's a look back at how and why I made them.


If you have a long arm machine you are just learning to use, these scrappy beach blankets are a great way to get your feet wet! Another great way to practice long arm free motion is to piece together some scraps you love to make a charity quilt. It's great for the community and gives you a wonderful sense of accomplishment and self-fulfilment while you hone your skills.






No comments:

Post a Comment