Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Our Oliver...

THANK YOU so much to my friends, family, listeners, followers....

The outpour of love and affection since yesterday has been so heartwarming. We've laughed and cried. You have reminded us of the best and the worst Ollie moments, the bloopers and the memories. We love you all and I can't thank you enough for your kind words.




It's been a quiet week on the Explore Fibre Blog as we cared for our ailing pup. He was a trooper wagging his tail and licking our fingers even in his last moments. For decades now I've turned to my studio and quilting to clear my mind, deal with stress and cope with the world around me. So, I was hoping I'd keep my mind off the quiet house this morning by heading down to the studio. Not so much.

He's not here by my feet and I realize how often I held his head in my hands and felt his ears and talked him through my problems. It's very hard, my heart is aching. I miss him, but I'll be OK.

To bring some cheer to the household, because that's the way I roll, I've been compiling photos and videos of our favourite moments with him, so to bring you a smile as well after this somber post, here's a link to the Canadian Quilt Talk Facebook Page to one of our favourite Christmas videos just 2 years ago when Oliver received the biggest bone he's ever seen in his life as a gift.






2 comments:

  1. Brandy - I'm so sorry to hear about Oliver. I can't even type this without shedding tears. I know how hard it hurts. Thinking of and praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. He looks young in that video. Such a cutie. I had to have my dog of 14 years put down last September so I know how sad you must be. I still find it weird sometimes that he's not under my desk or table when I'm quilting. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete