Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 9 of 42


One thing I do really well is have a good laugh at myself. Uncontrollably. Sometimes I laugh so hard that I start squeaking and can't breathe. My husband looks at me with a hint of concern and says, "You just crack yourself up sometimes, don't you?" Well, I had some fun with the Gavin Cityscape art project, but I think it's turned out to be one of those things you just love because your child made it. Except his crayon work is the best part of the piece. I fused and stitched a background to match the crayon skyline which was fun, but there is definitely a reason why I have a professional framer for my quilt art shows. I don't think in the history of the earth that anyone has accidentally made a 1/4 inch matte except for me. I was trying to maximize the art space of the piece and just didn't consider how small I should really go. So now I'm laughing out loud all the way to the fart sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment