I decided to attach the hand painted leaves and cherries with invisible thread and a machine quilted stitch rather than hand appliqué. I tested them both out on samples. It's always a balance between the beauty and hidden quality of the hand stitch and the speed of the machine stitch. This time the machine stitch won out because you can hardly see it on the hand painted fabric and I attached everything on a 15" x 40" quilt in less than 3 hours.
Still to come:
1. Some tiny stipple quilting on the white background.
2. Machine appliqué veins on the leaves.
3. Shiva paint stick shadow painting on the leaves.
4. Square and face the quilt to finish the edges.
5. Label - of course! (You know how adamant I am about labels!)
If you are looking to bring some artsy inspiration into your guild - check out my workshops at Brandy Lynn Designs. There are 6 workshops listed there and 6 new ones to come this spring! If your guild is the first to try out a brand new class, you get a 10% discount for being my guinea pigs! I love to travel and I guarantee smiles and inspired creativity all day long!
Looks so pretty.ReplyDelete