Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 36 of 42


I had such a great time at the Artisan Market at Fort Whyte Alive this weekend. I saw some of my favorite fibre artists including, Heidi Hunter with her gorgeous sun printed silk scarves and pillows, Pat Findlay with her beautiful beading and embellishments on quilts, and an incredible needle felter named Linda Glowacki. There were beads, buttons, pottery, glass art and more. It was a feast for a fibre artist. One highlight was meeting an artist named Karen Fuhr. I purchased one of her rocks that I cherish back in 2007 from a little shop in The Forks Market. It says "Listen beneath the surface." I have it on my desk at work in front of my computer. To me this means sit, calm myself, decide that other people's problems are not my emergency, think about my goals and what means a lot to me, and then get on with the day. I move the rock aside for the day and then clean my desk and set it back in place at the end of each day. I'm not sure how I got into that habit or why I fell in love with this "calming" rock, but it adds a wonderful little moment to my day. Thanks Karen! It was so nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment