Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Serendipity in Fabric

I am just dyeing to get my pattern back from the printer so I can get the kits into the Quilt Shops for sale! What better way to keep my mind off the wait than to dye fabric with a friend? I ended up with a few muddy fabrics because I tried to use some dye leftover from last week and it had lost its oomph, but the new dye I mixed up with my friend Betty brightened my day with these 2 fabulous pieces.

 

The left photo is a simple 3 colour tie dye and I used the same 3 dyes on the right with a fold and clamp technique. Now I just have to dream up a fun little quilting project to use up my new stash!




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty results. It must be a real inspiration to work with your own hand dyed fabrics in a quilt project.

    ReplyDelete